The Diorite showing is located north of McGillivray Creek at an elevation of approximately 1350 metres.
In the region, the Cadwallader and Ferguson faults transect sedimentary and volcanic rocks of the Mississippian to Jurassic Bridge River Complex and the Upper Triassic Cadwallader Group. Linear, altered serpentinite zones called the President Ultramafics, correlative with the Permian and older Shulaps Ultramafic Complex, mark faults that have controlled the emplacement of diorite of the Permian Bralorne Igneous Complex. The above sequence lies between bodies of the Jurassic to Tertiary Coast Plutonic Complex and outlying bodies of Cretaceous to Tertiary Bendor pluton granodiorite.
Locally, a 4.5-metre wide ribboned quartz-calcite vein has been explored by a 120-metre adit. The vein, which strikes to the north and dips steeply to the west, comprises quartz, mariposite, talc and chlorite containing low gold values generally. Wallrock to the vein is intensely silicified and schistose. The vein occurs within a body of diorite of the Bralorne Igneous Complex (formerly called the Bralorne Intrusions) which has been structurally emplaced into Upper Triassic Hurley Formation, (Cadwallader Group) calcareous phyllite developed along the Cadwallader shear zone. Two other pyritic quartz veins, 0.75 and 0.9- metre wide, are reported 30 and 300 metres west of the main vein, respectively.
In 1983, a sample (no.106) assayed 0.49 gram per tonne gold (Assessment Report 11749).
Near the head of a small creek, approximately 1.5 kilometres to the north, a 0.6- metre wide quartz vein with stibnite rosettes and visible gold is reported. In 1981, a sample (no. 4) of the vein yielded only 0.05 gram per tonne gold (Assessment Report 10494). In 1989, sampling in the area of quartz veins in argillite yielded values up to 0.11 gram per tonne gold and 17.0 grams per tonne silver (Assessment Report 19276).
The area was explored in the early 1910’s along with the nearby Brett (MINFILE 092JNE079) occurrence and in the early 1930’s an adit and a number of pits were constructed. In 1981, the area was prospected as the Mac claims. In 1983, X-Cal Resources completed a program of rock and silt sampling and geological mapping on the area as the Mac and X-Cal claims. In 1985, Hudson Bay Exploration and Development completed a program of geochemical sampling, geological mapping and a ground electromagnetic survey. In 1989 and 1990, Teck completed programs of rock, silt and soil sampling, geological mapping and a ground electromagnetic survey on the area as the Veegee property. In 1991, Cogema completed a program of geochemical sampling and geological mapping on the area. During 1992 through 2012, minor programs of prospecting and ground geophysical surveys were completed.