The Turlight past producer is situated southeast of Highway 5, 4 kilometres north of Nicola Lake and approximately 23 kilometres northeast of Merritt.
The property is located near the southwestern perimeter of the Lower Jurassic Nicola batholith. This intrusive locally consists of gneissic hornblende-biotite granodiorite to quartz monzonite and exhibits widespread chlorite-epidote alteration. Foliation strikes approximately 335 degrees and dips 80 degrees to the west, though dip angles vary from nearly vertical to moderately northeastward. To the southwest, the batholith intrudes intermediate volcaniclastic rocks and interbedded sediments belonging to the Upper Triassic Nicola Group.
Faults on the property strike north to northwest and dip very steeply northeast. Shear zones contain lenses of mineralized vein matter. The Nicola batholith granodiorite is intruded by numerous aplite dikes generally associated with quartz veining, and several feldspar porphyry dikes. The dikes are aligned with foliation or fault directions.
The Turlight occurrence consists of a 137-metre-deep inclined shaft, six levels of underground workings and several trenches. At the shaft, copper mineralization occurs in a quartz vein up to 1.5 metres wide with well-defined walls, striking 330 degrees and dipping 65 degrees northeast. The quartz hosts irregular masses, veinlets and disseminated grains of bornite, chalcopyrite, minor chalcocite and some malachite.
The Turlight copper deposit was discovered in 1928 and Turlight Mines Limited was incorporated in 1929. That year, an 18-metre-deep shaft was excavated to follow a prospective quartz vein. After many years of inactivity, Guichon Mine Limited acquired the property and put it back into production in 1947. From 1947 to 1948, the property was held under option by Anaconda Copper Mining Company. In total, seven drillholes totalling 786 metres were completed before Anaconda dropped the option on the property. Guichon Mine Limited continued production until 1951. At the end of production, six levels had been established along the 137-metre-deep shaft. Between 1948 and 1951, approximately 136 to 181 tonnes of ore grading 5 per cent copper were shipped to the smelter at Tacoma (Assessment Report 10518, page 2).
In 1956, Western Copperado Mining Corporation took control of the Turlight mine, dewatered the shaft and drilled approximately 609 metres on the 61-metre (200-foot) level. That year, approximately 41 tonnes of ore grading 6.91 per cent copper were shipped to the Tacoma smelter.
The following year, Shield Mining Surveys Limited completed a geophysical survey and 20 diamond drill holes totalling 3036 metres. A short adit and several short drill holes were completed on a mineralized zone approximately 1.6 kilometres north of the Turlight shaft.
Toluma Mining and Development Limited optioned the property in 1960 and conducted work programs until 1963. Work included geophysical surveying, geochemical surveying and bulldozer trenching. Encouraging molybdenum and copper results were encountered in the Southeast zone (MINFILEs 092ISE124, 092ISE125), along with encouraging copper results in the Northwest zone (MINFILE 092SIE123). Six diamond drill holes completed in the Southeast zone between 1961 and 1962 assayed low-grade copper-molybdenum-silver values.
In 1965, Rio Tinto Canadian Exploration Limited optioned the property and completed a magnetometer geophysical survey over the northwest and southeast zones. The property was then optioned to Great Slave Mines Limited in 1966. In 1967, Great Slave Mines completed magnetometer, photogeological and geochemical studies on the property. Also during this time, a joint provincial and federal government aeromagnetic geophysical survey was flown over the region.
Danstar Mines Limited acquired the Copperado property and dewatered the Turlight shaft again in 1973. This was followed by a program of surveying, geological mapping and sampling. In 1976, Danstar Mines conducted an exploration program consisting of three percussion drill holes totalling 264 metres at the Turlight mine, three percussion drill holes totalling 320 metres at the Copperado-TM 1 occurrence (MINFILE 092ISE125) and an induced polarization–resistivity geophysical survey over a portion of the property including the Turlight mine and Copperado-P66 occurrence (MINFILE 092ISE123).
From 1981 to 1982, Danstar Mines completed two BQ diamond drill holes totalling 306.76 metres. One hole, drillhole D-5-82, assayed several intersections of anomalous copper results.
The area was later acquired by C.R.C. Explorations Limited as the Cop property. In late 1996, LaMancha Resources Limited optioned the property, established 33.7 kilometres of grid and baseline and collected 1188 soil samples. The following year, exploration consisted of geological mapping, prospecting and rock sampling (184 samples). In 2000, the grid was extended to the north, east and west, followed by a ground magnetometer, very low-frequency electromagnetic geophysical survey and the collection of 484 soil samples and 40 rock samples. An additional 10 kilometres of induced polarization surveying was completed over the West zone.
In 2006, Columbia Yukon Explorations Incorporated optioned the property and completed five BQ diamond drill holes totalling 967.73 metres. Four holes were completed in the West zone (MINFILE 092ISE123) and one in the East zone (MINFILEs 092SIE124, 092ISE125).
Sometime prior to 2011, the Cop claim area was allowed to lapse and the Peacock property was staked over the area by Christopher Delorme. In 2011, claim owner Delorme retained Terry Garrow to conduct a ground geophysical survey and mineral evaluation on the Peacock property. Delorme followed up in 2012 by conducting a rock and soil sampling program.
Two blocks of values were identified in the collar area of the Turlight shaft above the 30-metre level: Block A contains 1197 tonnes grading 2.3 per cent copper, 30.8 grams per tonne silver and trace gold. Block B contains 916 tonnes grading 2.5 per cent copper, 13.7 grams per tonne silver and 0.3 gram per tonne gold (Lorimer, 1974).
Significant results from the 1981 to 1982 drill program include 0.31 metre of 0.53 per cent copper and 1.15 metres of 1.23 per cent copper from drillhole D-5-82 (Assessment Report 10518, page 18).