The Glossie occurrence is located 7.7 kilometres southeast of Glossy Mountain and 12 kilometres southwest of Mount Fehr.
The area is underlain by Guichon variety (Highland Valley phase) granodiorite to quartz diorite of the Upper Triassic to Lower Jurassic Guichon Creek Batholith, which is cut by a dike or small plug of quartz plagioclase porphyry.
Locally, mineralization is fracture controlled and occurs in veins and as fracture coatings. Bornite is predominant with some chalcopyrite. Other minerals recognized are chalcocite, azurite, malachite, chrysocolla, tetrahedrite, melanterite, pyrite and specular hematite. Predominant gangue minerals are quartz, tourmaline and calcite. Thin section study of veins shows several stages of fracturing and vein formation. Veins often display cockscomb texture and are vuggy. Sulphides tend to be late and fill vugs. Pink K-feldspar and sericite-carbonate alteration is common adjacent to veins. Alteration zones are 1 to 30 centimetres, roughly the width of the associated veins.
Historical work includes a 30-metre shaft on the Forge claim, which intersected 1.5 metres of ore at 9 metres depth. The vein at the shaft strikes 103 degrees with a steep northerly dip; the vein zone varies in width from a couple of centimetres to 2.7 metres. The eastern shaft, approximately 76 metres east of the main shaft, was sunk on a 1.5-metre vein that strikes 110 degrees and dips north at 70 degrees. The vein is apparently a continuation of the vein tested by the main shaft. Several other showings have been exposed by open cutting.
In 1974, grab samples from the dump at the eastern shaft assayed 3.9 per cent copper, 15.45 grams per tonne silver and 0.62 gram per tonne gold (Geology, Exploration and Mining in British Columbia 1974).
The Glossie main showings were covered by the Forge Crown grant Lot 4574; adjacent lots were the Cinder (Lot 4575), Glossie (Lot 4576) and Glossie Fr. (Lot 4577). All the Crown grants forfeited on February 5, 1992.
The claims covering the Glossie showings were first staked in 1904 by I. Decker and owned by J.W. Burr and J. Wood, who performed a little trenching. In 1915, the property was optioned to Messrs. L. Carlson, S.P. Dunlevy and O.B. Gerle, who sank a 30-metre shaft on the Forge claim (Lot 4574) and an eastern shaft, which is approximately 9 metres deep; several exploration pits were also dug. In 1915, approximately 20 tonnes of carefully selected ore were shipped to the Tacoma smelter; this assayed 1.0 gram per tonne gold, 101.4 grams per tonne silver and 12.62 per cent copper.
The property reverted to the owners in 1916 and was inactive until 1946, when the property was held by J.L. Burr, a son of J.W. Burr, one of the original owners.
In 2001, Getty Copper Corp. completed a 318-sample, 18 line-kilometre soil sampling program alongside 23 rock samples and 1:10 000–scale geological mapping over the Highland Valley property.
In 2004, Getty Copper Inc. completed a drilling and drill geochemical sampling program on the Getty Copper property.
In 2017, an airborne magnetic survey comprising 697 line-kilometres of magnetics over two grid areas was completed by Peter E. Walcott & Associates Limited over the Getty property.
In 2019, a program of direct current resistivity and a passive seismic survey was completed by Peter E. Walcott & Associates Limited throughout multiple locations on the Getty property. The resistivity survey totalled 2.7 line-kilometres and identified a north trending structure that extends south towards the Glossie showing. In addition, the company completed 2D and 3D inversions of historical data over the Glossie showing of the Getty property.
In 2020, Peter E. Walcott & Associates Limited carried out a review of historical induced polarization data taken from portions of the Getty property. No interpretations are presented because the work is part of a detailed compilation that was still ongoing at the time of writing.