Limestone was once quarried on the east side of Allison Creek (One Mile Creek), approximately 4 kilometres northeast of Princeton.
Several narrow bands and lenses of siliceous, bluish grey limestone interbedded with andesitic tuffs, flows and breccias of the Upper Triassic Nicola Group are exposed in a 30-metre high bluff. The purest material is reported to analyze 88.0 per cent CaCO3, 1.3 per cent MgCO3, 9.5 per cent insolubles and 1.4 per cent Al203+Fe203 (Canada Bureau of Mines Report 811, page 192). The limestone was also reported to grade between 93 and 98 per cent CaCO3 (Minister of Mines Annual Report 1913, page 242).
British Columbia Portland Cement Company quarried limestone for a few months in 1913 after completion of a cement plant nearby in 1912. Operations ceased by 1914, owing to difficulties encountered in quarrying the narrow limestone bodies.