The Percy (Mabel Creek Sulphide) occurrence is located at an elevation of approximately 1230 metres on an east-trending ridge, south of Mable Creek and approximately 3.5 kilometres north-northwest of the west end of North Barriere Lake.
Regionally, the area is underlain by the Graffunder Lakes, Skwaam Bay and Slate Creek units of the upper Paleozoic to lower Cambrian Eagle Bay Assemblage, which consist of micaceous quartzite, sericite-quartz schist, mudstone, siltstone, shale and calc-alkaline volcanic rocks. Local foliation strikes 135 degrees with a 5 degrees northeast dip. The Cretaceous Baldy Batholith, consisting of quartz monzonitic intrusive rocks, lies to the north.
Locally, pods and lenses of massive pyrrhotite and pyrite with minor chalcopyrite are hosted chlorite-altered felsic volcanic rocks (now quartz sericite schist). The mineralized zone has been traced by trenching for approximately 400 metres along a northwest strike to the south side of Mabel Creek. Sphalerite and galena mineralization are reported in volcanic tuffs underlying a graphitic argillite-siltstone approximately 200 metres to the south-southeast of the previous mineralized zone. The host volcanics of both zones have been extensively chloritized and variably silicified.
Another zone of massive sulphides, including chalcopyrite, in a phyllite host is reported to be exposed in a roadcut located approximately 600 metres to the south-southeast of the main trenched area at an elevation of approximately 1100 metres.
In 1974, visual inspections of drillhole No. 2 are reported to have yielded an average estimate of 0.6 to 0.7 per cent copper over 39 metres (4.5 to 43.5 metres downhole) with better sections from 4.5 to 10.5 metres and 18.3 to 43.5 metres downhole (Assessment Report 5150).
In 1976, two samples (4059 and 4060) from trench no. 7 yielded 1.09 and 1.07 per cent copper with 10.6 and 9.9 grams per tonne silver over 3.0 metres, respectively, whereas samples from trenches no. 3 (48038 and 48028) and no. 2 (48024), located to the northwest of the previous trench, yielded values of up to 2.75 and 1.13 per cent copper, 1.28 and 0.08 per cent zinc with 19.5 and 10.9 grams per tonne silver over 3.0 metres, respectively (Assessment Report 8489).
In 1982, drillhole P-82-1, located approximately 250 metres south of the trenched area on the southern end of an electromagnetic conductor, yielded 0.43 per cent copper and 2.3 grams per tonne silver over 9.34 metres (127.59 to 136.93 metres downhole) of disseminated to massive pyrrhotite with irregular splashes of pyrite and chalcopyrite in a weakly chlorite-epidote–altered meta-andesite tuff (Assessment Report 10582).
In 1983, drillhole P-83-1, located approximately 100 metres southeast of drillhole P-82-1, yielded 0.373 per cent copper over the final 17.81 metres of the hole (216.43 to 234.24 metres downhole), whereas a drillhole (P-83-2), located southwest of the southern end of the trenched zone yielded 0.195 per cent copper over 9.45 metres (Assessment Report 19363). No gold or silver values were reported.
In 1989, a rock sample (VA12266) from the area of sphalerite-galena mineralization to the south-southeast of the main trenched zone assayed 4.18 zinc (Assessment Report 19363).
In 1990, sampling of trench FLTR90-04, located up-dip from the 1982 drillhole, exposed a pod of semi-massive sulphide hosted by thinly bedded felsic to intermediate tuff with local argillite and limestone yielding 0.98 per cent copper, 0.04 per cent lead, 0.33 per cent zinc, 8.6 grams per tonne silver and 0.17 gram per tonne gold (Assessment Report 21208). Also at this time, a rock sample (VA12368) from the main trenched zone yielded 1.10 per cent copper, 6.8 grams per tonne silver and 0.08 gram per tonne gold (Assessment Report 21208).
In 1951, Kennco Explorations Ltd. completed a program of biogeochemical sampling and a 26.0 line-kilometre ground electromagnetic survey on the area as the Johnson property.
In 1969 and 1970, Cambridge Mines Ltd. is reported to have completed an extensive program of trenching on the area. In 1971 and 1972, Duncanex Resources Ltd. completed programs of prospecting, geological mapping, soil sampling, geophysical surveys and four diamond drill holes on the area immediately south. In 1973, Craigmont Mines Ltd. completed a program of soil sampling and a ground magnetic survey on the area. The following year, two diamond drill holes, totalling 73.0 metres, were completed on the area as the Gin claims. In 1977, Kennco Explorations completed a program of geochemical (soil and rock) sampling and cleaned up the former Cambridge Mines Ltd. trenches.
In 1980, Stokes Exploration Co. Ltd. completed a program of prospecting and a 4.5 line-kilometre ground magnetic survey on the area as the Percy claim. In 1982 and 1983, Preussag Canada Ltd. completed programs of geological mapping, ground electromagnetic surveys and three diamond drill holes, totalling 365.2 metres, on the Percy 1 and Bluff 1-4 claims. During 1985 through 1987, Noranda Mining and Exploration Inc. completed a 280 line-kilometre airborne magnetic and electromagnetic survey, extensive trenching and at least 40 diamond and rotary drill holes on the area.
During 1989 through 1991, Falconbridge Ltd. completed programs of geochemical (rock and soil) sampling, geological mapping, 97.7 line-kilometres of combined ground magnetic, electromagnetic and induced polarization surveys, trenching and at least nine diamond drill holes, totalling 2619.2 metres, on the Bluff, Bet, Mac, Raven, Rust and Percy claims.
During 2005 through 2013, the area was prospected and (rock, silt and soil) sampled as the Stellar claims.