The Bismark occurrence is located at 1860 metres elevation on the east side of Briggs Creek, a tributary to Keen Creek. Kaslo, British Columbia lies 16 kilometres to the east.
The Bismark occurrence is located on the Bismark Claim Group, consisting of the Bismark (Lot 11273), Mountain Goat (Lot 11274) and Highland Laddie (Lot 11275) Crown grants and previously included the Black Bear claim.
The Bismark property was first staked in 1898 and then worked intermittently until 1910. In 1926, J.A. McKay began to reopen the mine, however, the work was never completed. Consolidated Mining and Smelting Co. Ltd. optioned the property in 1928. Their option was dropped after doing some exploration work. The early workings of the Bismark occurrence include three adits over a vertical range of 122 metres. B.C. Metals Mines Ltd. was formed in 1951 to develop the Bismark occurrence, now consisting of 8 claims. A contract was signed with Columbia Diamond Drilling Co. to explore the workings at depth but further records of the program and/or results are unknown. In 1957, the property was acquired by Castle Oil and Gas Ltd. In 1980, the property was examined by E. Denny, the owner, and Hudson Bay Exploration and Development Company Limited. An extensive sampling program was undertaken of surface outcrops and the lower adit. Greenwich Resources Inc. undertook an exploration program on the Bismark property in 1984, consisting of rock, silt and soil geochemistry, and a ground electromagnetic survey. Cream Minerals Ltd. sampled the property in 1997; a 60-centimetre chip sample assayed 2134.5 grams per tonne silver, 26.36 per cent zinc and 0.27 per cent lead (GCNL #174, 1997). A hole drilled in 1998 intersected 9.3 metres of 313.7 grams per tonne silver, 0.73 per cent lead and 0.92 per cent zinc (Northern Miner, May 3, 1999). The property is along a 25 to 80-metre northeast-trending shear zone that has been traced for 3.7 kilometres.
Hostrocks of the Bismark occurrence are Triassic Slocan Group sediments southwest of the Mount Carlyle stock, a satellite stock of the Middle Jurassic Nelson intrusions and about 600 metres northwest of the Nelson batholith. The stock and the Nelson batholith in the area are composed of potassium feldspar porphyritic and hornblende potassium feldspar porphyritic granite, respectively. The Slocan Group on the property consists of a sequence of well-bedded argillite, silicic sandstone and recrystallized limestone. Andalusite schist occurs locally, a result of contact metamorphism. Slocan Group metasediments strike 235 degrees and dip 70 degrees to the northwest. They are crosscut by a few dikes.
Mineralization is stratabound, along bedding-parallel faults and fractures and have formed partly by replacement of one or more limestone beds. Early reports and maps indicate that a shoot of oxidized lead ore, about 9 metre long, was exposed on surface and underground in the uppermost (No. 1) adit and persisted in chimney-shaped form to the No. 2 level 34 vertical metres below. The shoot intersected near the face of the No. 3 level is probably the downward extension, an additional depth of 72.5 metres. Here, the shoot is 60 centimetres wide. At a crosscut 41 metres from the portal, the lode was about 90 metres wide. At surface, the lode is 1.0 to 1.2 metres wide, consisting of calcite with bunches of galena, minor quartz and pyrite, all considerably oxidized. The best samples taken during the 1980 exploration program were Sample 1177 and Sample 22297. Sample 1177 was a 0.4 metre chip sample taken from the lower adit in a zone of fine sphalerite. It yielded 2040 grams per tonne silver, 17.1 per cent zinc and 1.58 per cent lead (Assessment Report 8437). Sample 22297, a 0.3 metre chip sample across a zone of galena, was taken from the raised stope to surface and yielded 1241 grams per tonne silver, 3.08 per cent lead and 1.98 per cent zinc (Assessment Report 8437). The southwest strike extension of mineralization outcrops at the Gold Cure claims (082FNW185).
Production records for the Bismark occurrence indicate nearly eleven consecutive years of production from 1898 to 1910. During this time, 868 tonnes of ore were produced from which 2,484,321 grams silver and 43,250 kilograms lead were recovered.
In the 1990s, Cream Minerals Ltd. was exploring the area as the Kaslo Silver property. See Black Bear (082FNW092), Cork-Province (082FNW094), Black Fox (082FNW095), Wintrop (082FNW097), Silver Bear (082FNW100), Index (082FNW101), Gold Cure (082FNW185) and Silver Bell (082FNW186).
In 2013, Agave Silver Corp. examined the area as the Kaslo property