British Columbia Ministry of Energy, Mines and Natural Gas and Responsible for Housing
News | The Premier Online | Ministries & Organizations | Job Opportunities | Main Index

MINFILE Home page  ARIS Home page  MINFILE Search page  Property File Search
Help Help
File Created: 03-Jul-2012 by Garry J. Payie (GJP)
Last Edit:  10-Aug-2020 by Karl A. Flower (KAF)

Summary Help Help

Name ANDY, CAM 5 Mining Division Liard
BCGS Map 104B066
Status Showing NTS Map 104B10W
Latitude 056º 38' 06'' UTM 09 (NAD 83)
Longitude 130º 51' 41'' Northing 6278300
Easting 385825
Commodities Silver, Lead, Zinc Deposit Types K03 : Fe skarn
K02 : Pb-Zn skarn
Tectonic Belt Intermontane Terrane Stikine
Capsule Geology

The Andy showing is underlain by a sequence of folded and faulted Upper Triassic andesitic volcanic and clastic sedimentary rock units of the Stuhini Group. The sequences of clastic layered rocks consist of volcanic wackes, andesitic flows, and argillite interbeds. Monzodiorite to gabbro of the Early Jurassic Melville and Lehto plutons intrude the stratigraphy.

The Andy Showing is strongly gossaned and pyritic throughout and contains variable amounts of galena and sphalerite. A grab sample from one of the more mineralized sections returned values of 4.68 per cent lead, 4.23 per cent zinc, 137.14 grams per tonne silver and 35 parts per billion gold (Assessment Report 18076). In 1988, a total of 17 chip samples were taken across the showing over a strike length of 16 metre. The best chip sample contained 0.8 per cent lead, 0.9 per cent zinc and 20.57 grams per tonne silver across one meter (Assessment Report 18076). The highest gold value in the chip samples was 65 parts per billion over one meter.

Surface mapping revealed a large contact metamorphic zone (skarn) underlying the Cam 5 mineral claim. The Andy Showing, discovered in 1989 is secondarily associated with this large skarn outlined in the 1990 program. This skarn consists mainly of secondary calc-silicate minerals of which diopside and garnet are the most abundant. The Andy showing is thought be in a structurally controlled shear zone which crosscut the skarn, remobilizing and concentrating variable amounts of gold and silver with predominantly galena and sphalerite mineralization.

The magnetite diopside skarn displays overall 1-2 pyrite pyrite content which is disseminated and blebby. The Andy showing, which is along the contact between the limey siltstones and granodiorite displays 4 per cent combined sphalerite, galena, 1 per cent pyrite, and approximately 5 per cent magnetite and hematite. The showing also displays sheared textures locally by crosscutting fault/shears which trend approximately 100 degrees

Work History

The "V" or Gigi showing (104B 328), was first discovered by creek silting and prospecting in 1987 by Gigi Resources on their Cam 6 claims on the east side of Snippaker Creek. In that year, Gigi collected 27 rock, 10 silt and 105 soil samples. 1n 1988, Gigi Resources concentrated mainly on the Andy showing to the southwest (across Snippaker Creek) on the Cam 5 claim. They collected 59 rock and 124 soil samples.

In 1990, Florin Resources and Crimsonstar Resources collected 72 rock and 450 soil samples on the Cam 5 and 6 claims. Most of this work was done on the Andy showing on the west side of Snippaker Creek on the Cam 5 claim. A grid totalling 3.3 line kilometres was placed over the V (Gigi) showing on the eastern side of Snippaker Creek on the Cam 6 claim. In 1990, a trench was attempted over a 10 metre strike length on the V showing. About 2 metres of overburden was blasted and removed and bedrock was not encountered therefore this trench was abandoned.

EMPR ASS RPT *16956, *18076, *21048
EMPR OF 1990-16; 1994-1
GSC MAP 9-1957; 311A; 1418A
GSC P 89-E, pp. 145-154
Burgoyne, A.A. (2012-05-07): Technical Report on The Iskut Property with Special Reference to Johnny Flats & Burnie Trend Targets
EMPR PFD 671577