The HPH Bluff occurrence is located south of the Nahwitti River, approximately 1.85 kilometres southeast of its mouth on Nahwitti Lake.
Regionally, the area is underlain by northwest-trending belts of basaltic volcanics and carbonate sedimentary rocks of the Upper Triassic Karmutsen and Quatsino formations (Vancouver Group) and mafic volcanics and sediments of the Upper Triassic to Lower Jurassic Bonanza Group (Holberg volcanic unit, Nahwitti River wacke and Parson Bay Formation). These volcanic and sedimentary rocks have been intruded by granodioritic rocks of the Early to Middle Jurassic Island Plutonic Suite.
Locally, at the Bluff zone, galena, sphalerite, pyrite and sparse chalcopyrite mineralization in two small lenticular areas up to 1.4 metres wide is exposed by pits and trenches over a length of 15 metres. The mineralization is present in silicified limestone of the Quatsino Formation, close to the contact with interbedded argillaceous limestone and rhyodacite of the Bonanza Group. Quartz diorite of the Island Plutonic Suite outcrops nearby.
A second zone of similar mineralization is reported a short distance northwest at the TS Road zone. Mineralization consists of magnetite and pyrite with minor chalcopyrite and sphalerite exposed over 2 by 5 metres.
In 1973, chip samples from the TS Road zone yielded from 0.12 to 0.34 per cent copper and less than 1 to 7.5 per cent zinc over widths of 0.6 metre (Assessment Report 4472).
A third zone of mineralization is located on the south side of Ida Creek, to the northeast of the Bluff zone. Mineralization consists of a finely brecciated limestone containing lenses up to 0.7 metre wide hosting sphalerite, galena and pyrite as small veinlets, disseminations and/or irregular masses over a strike length of 15 metres.
In 1992, two samples (76217 and 76218) yielded up to 0.296 per cent cadmium, 3.07 per cent lead, 26.20 per cent zinc, 321.2 grams per tonne silver and 0.10 gram per tonne gold (Assessment Report 22283).
The area has been explored since the early 1930s. In 1948, Western Mines completed an induced polarization and magnetic survey on the area. In 1952, American Smelting and Refining completed a program of geological mapping on the area.
In 1966, Giant Explorations Ltd. completed a program of geological mapping and geochemical sampling on the area as the HPH claims. During 1969 through 1972, Giant Explorations Ltd. completed programs of soil sampling and ground and airborne geophysical surveys on the area. In 1979, Loredi Resources prospected and mapped the area as the Gold and Dust claims. In 1980, Tally Resources Ltd. prospected and mapped the area as the Pato claim. In 1981, Silver Bar Resources prospected the area. In 1984, the area was prospected and sampled by Daiwan Engineering as the Mead claims.
During 1987 through 1991, Hisway Resources Corp. completed programs of geological mapping, ground geophysical surveys, geochemical sampling and six drillholes, totalling 381.5 metres, on the area. In 1992, Cameco Corporation completed a program of rock and soil sampling, geological mapping and ground geophysical surveys on the area.
In 2006, New Livingstone Minerals prospected and sampled the area. In 2017 and 2018, Precipitate Gold Ltd. completed programs of rock and soil sampling, gravity surveys and prospecting on the area as the Island Zinc property.