The Silver Queen property, comprising the Grey Wolf (Lot 2204), Red Fox, Black Fox (Lot 2206) and Black Bear Crown- granted claims and fractions, is located on the ridge between Goat Creek Canyon Creek and Snow Creek, near the summit of Grey Wolf Mountain and approximately 13 kilometres east-south east of Burton. Access is from Burton via the Londonderry Creek road to the Tillicum mine (MINFILE 082FNW234) on Tillicum Mountain and thence southeast by alpine trail 3 kilometres to a point 1 kilometre south west of the summit of Grey Wolf Mountain.
The area is underlain by highly deformed Triassic and older (?) volcanic and sedimentary rocks of and younger aplite and feldspar porphyry dikes, and granitic intrusions. The volcanic rocks are the oldest units and are tentatively assigned to the Slocan or Kaslo Group, while the younger sedimentary rocks are correlated with the Slocan Group. A complete regional geology summary can be found in the Heino-Money (MINFILE 082FNW234) occurrence.
Locally, impure tuffs and sandy sediments, striking east to north east and dipping steeply south, have been intruded by numerous dikes. An open cut at a point 50 metres down the southern slope, at an elevation of 2350 metres, exposes a carbonate band, approximately 1 metre wide, in these sedimentary rocks that hosts concentrations of pyrite and black manganese oxide (?). The gold and silver mineralization is thought to be related to hornfelsing episodes, associated with various dikes and sills and the mid-Jurassic Goatcanyon granitic stock. A 10-metre shaft at 2100 metres elevation and an adit 100 metres to the south west develop similar occurrences. The main adit is driven north east for 35 metres then turns north for approximately the same distance before ending in aplitic granite. The adit is principally in limy and garnetiferous greenstone. Mineralization has been traced over a strike length of 950 metres.
Drilling on the zone has identified several 20- metre thick mineralized skarn zones hosted in a 30- metre wide sequence of impure calcareous quartzites, siltstones and thin marble beds marginal to feldspar porphyry sills. Sulphide mineralization consisted of pyrite, pyrrhotite, tetrahedrite, sphalerite, galena, pyrargyrite and arsenopyrite. Alteration minerals include quartz, tremolite, actinolite and anhedral garnet.
In 1982, sampling of an open-cut exposing the carbonate band assayed 3.4 grams per tonne gold and 960 grams per tonne silver (Assessment Report 11161). While, a silicified sample from the portal of the adit assayed 3.4 grams per tonne gold and 1060 grams per tonne silver (Assessment Report 11161).
In 1984, diamond drilling intersected values from 40.1 grams per tonne silver over 3.65 metres to 144.7 grams per tonne over 4.51 metres (Assessment Report 26847).
In 2001, samples from the adit dump assayed from 1.4 to 3.4 grams per tonne gold and 685 to 1060 grams per tonne silver with 2.7 per cent lead and 2.6 per cent zinc (Assessment Report 26681). Another mineralized zone, located approximately 300 metres north east of the adit, yielded up to 2.1 grams per tonne gold and 257 grams per tonne silver, while another sample from the ridge crest approximately 200 metres west of the mountain summit assayed 3.4 grams per tonne gold and 960 grams per tonne silver (Assessment Report 26681).
In 1983, drilling is reported to have outlined a drill-indicated reserve of 2,721,550 tonnes averaging 103 grams per tonne silver (Assessment Report 15700).
The Silver Queen Mining Company, Limited Liability, was organized in 1897 to acquire eight claims in the Grey Wolf, Red Fox, Black Fox and Black Bear groups; the claims were Crown-granted (Lots 2204-2209, 2414, 2582) to the company in 1899. Development work included open cuts, a 9-metre shaft and approximately 107 metres of drifts and crosscuts in one adit on the south side of the mountain at approximately 1964 metres elevation. The Silver Queen property was owned in 1930's and early 1940's by H. Stones and J. Gayford, of Burton; some prospecting was reported.
In 1979 and 1980, the area was prospected by Arnold and Elaine Gustafson. Later in 1980, after the discovery of high- grade gold values on the nearby Tillicum Mountain (MINFILE 082FNW234) property, the area was subsequently acquired by the Esperanza Explorations Ltd and Welcome North Mines Ltd. joint venture, led to additional claim staking (Til 1-4 claims) to include the Silver Queen ground. Welcome North terminated the joint venture in March 1982. In June 1982, La Teko Resources optioned a 50.4 per cent interest in Esperanza Explorations. A geochemical survey on the Silver Queen, in 1983, indicated a strong silver anomaly over a 45.7 x 914.4- metre area. In 1984, 12 diamond d rill holes were completed. The area was explored in conjunction with the Tillicum Mountain occurrence by Esperanza Explorations through 1989. In 1983 and 1984, Braemer Resources completed programs of geological mapping and an airborne geophysical survey on the area, immediately south west, as the Olga claims. In 1990 and 1991, Jopec Resources completed programs of rock and silt sampling, prospecting and geological mapping on the area as the ICE and SC claims. In 1997, AMT Resources and IBEX Resources completed a program of geochemical sampling, trenching and a ground electromagnetic survey on the area.
In 2001 and 2002, 1330275 Ontario Limited completed programs of rock, silt and soil sampling and geological mapping on the area. During 2008 through 2014, AMT Industries Canada completed programs of soil sampling, a ground electromagnetic survey and remote sensing analysis on the area.