A deposit of tufa extends for 244 metres along the north bank of the Peace River on Lot 11, 3.8 kilometres upstream from Hudson Hope. The flat-lying deposit forms cliffs of tufa more than 30 metres high. Chunks of tufa have been plowed up in a field more than 90 metres back from the cliffs. The deposit lies on black, silty shales.
A sample of randomly collected chips from the base of the cliffs contained 49.98 per cent CaO, 1.59 per cent MgO, 5.28 per cent insolubles, 0.80 per cent R2O3, 0.30 per cent Fe2O3, 0.009 per cent MnO, 0.03 per cent P2O5, 0.04 per cent sulphur, 42.30 per cent ignition loss and 0.16 per cent water (Minister of Mines Annual Report 1957, page 87).