The Golden Glory prospect is located about 10 kilometres northwest of Burns Lake on the west side of Decker Lake. The Golden Glory and Silver Glance (093K 030) showings together are known as the Deck property.
The showings on Gerow Creek were first reported in 1926. Work from this time included several tunnels, up to 30 and 60 metres long. Recent work consists of prospecting, soil sampling, silt sampling, magnetic surveying and rock sampling in 1990 by Escondido Resources. In 1992, prospecting, magnetic surveying and rock sampling was completed by J.A. Chapman and G.H. Rayner.
The area is primarily underlain by the Jurassic Hazelton Group andesite flows and breccia and a few small dioritic intrusions.
Most of the main showing is underlain by pillow lava. Massive sulphide mineralization consisting of pyrite, chalcopyrite, barite, limonite, pyrolusite and malachite occur as irregular masses and lenses. These are up to 5 centimetres in diameter and occur near the tops of pillow lavas and in shears in brecciated pillow lavas. Selected samples in 1980 assayed as high as 6.5 per cent copper and 219.43 grams per tonne of silver (Assessment Report 8726).
A second type of mineralization occurs in veinlets, shears and breccia zones generally less than 10 centimetres wide cutting the volcanics at the Silver Glance showing.
Examinations of the property were carried out again starting in June 1955 by Trico Explorations Limited. This included the drilling of six shallow holes. These holes averaged 3.5 per cent copper and 86 grams per tonne silver across 4.08 metres (Property File Cyprus Anvil Seraphim, R.H., 1968). In 1968, six electromagnetic check surveys were conducted on the area of the showings. A weak but appreciable response was noted over the copper zone for a distance of 390 metres. Another discontinuous and parallel weak conductor was located 60 metres to the north.
A potential reserve of 680 000 tonnes of material grading 3 per cent copper and 34 grams per tonne silver was proposed for the site (Property File Cyprus Anvil Kidd, R., 1968).