The property is located on the Salloomt River, about 24 kilometres northeast of Bella Coola.
The Bella Coola Chief property, consisting of the Bella Coola Chief (Lot 176), Queen (Lot 177), Red Deer (Lot 178), and Sulphur (Lot 179) were Crown-granted in 1906 to Messrs. Arneson, Kellog, Olson and Christenson. Surface trenching was done and two adits were driven, one 18 metres and the other 5 metres long. In 1922 the property was owned by Messrs. Olson, Brynildsen and Clauson; no work was done. Noranda Mines Limited held the properties in 1954. Silver Standard Mines optioned the property in 1956 and trenched (171 metres) and drilled nine holes totalling 91 metres. Underground workings, present at this time, consisted of a 7.5 metre ‘upper’ adit and a 19.5 metre ‘lower’ adit.
The region is underlain mainly by rocks of the Paleozoic to Tertiary Coast Plutonic Complex. These predominantly crystalline rocks exhibit a variety of fabrics ranging from pre- to post- kinematic. Paragneisses of Paleozoic (?) age, younger deformed metasediments and volcanics related to the Stikinia Terrane are interspersed within the plutonic complex. The northeastern part of the Bella Coola map area is underlain primarily by mafic volcanic and sedimentary rocks of the Jurassic Hazelton Group. These rocks are variably deformed containing both northeast and northwest trending structures. Between the Hazelton Group of Stikinia to the east and the Coast Plutonic Complex with its deformed metasedimentary terrane to the west is a belt of dominantly mafic rocks, probably of volcanic origin which may be part of the Hazelton Group. The Bella Coola Chief showing is underlain by andesite that has been intruded by numerous biotite granite and quartz feldspar porphyry dikes. Shallowly dipping quartz veins cut the dikes and the andesitic rocks. Irregular and erratic chalcopyrite and pyrite mineralization, with associated gold and silver, occurs within the biotite granite porphyry dikes. The quartz veins are commonly barren of sulphides. Seven grab samples taken from a 2.1 by 2.1 metre mineralized open-cut, averaged 10.34 per cent copper, 8.58 grams per tonne gold and 171.5 grams per tonne silver (Property File Rimfire Sirola, W.M., 1968). A chip sample from the east wall of the #3 adit over 25 metres assayed 196.08 grams per tonne silver and 16.2 per cent copper (Assessment Report 14674).
Cominco trenched and drilled the property (under the name Torger Copper) in 1966. Work included drilling one hole for 107 metres and digging 6 trenches totalling 24 metres. Green Lake Resources optioned the claims in 1983 and staked the property as the MGS claim group; the Whiskey, Gin, Rye, Vodka, and Rum claims. They conducted geochemistry, geophysics and geological mapping in 1984, 1985, and 1986.
Prior to 1910, 45.4 tonnes of mineralized material, assaying 10.34 per cent copper, 15.8 grams per tonne gold and 1008.2 grams per tonne silver, was stockpiled at the site (Property File Rimfire Sirola, W.M., 1968).