The Eagle Creek (Janice Creek) copper occurrence is located 20 kilometres west-northwest of Little Fort and 1 kilometre west-northwest of the west end of Long Island (Janice) Lake. Access is by the Eakin Creek logging road to Eagle (Janice) Creek and then on a bush road.
Geology, Exploration and Mining in British Columbia (1970) describes "copper occurrences on Phinetta Creek and northwest of Long Island Lake". The showings are hosted by massive and fragmental andesite and tuff of the Upper Triassic Nicola Group, which are commonly altered to biotite or pyroxene hornfels close to the contact with granodioritic rocks of the Triassic to Jurassic Thuya Batholith between Long Island Lake and Upper Phinetta (Eagle or Janice) Creek. Locally, light grey veinlets of epidote, quartz, carbonate and garnet lace the hornfels. Fieldwork 2000 (pages 21 and 25) refers to the showing as the Th-2 occurrence.
The earliest recorded work was by Royal Canadian Ventures in 1967 (Assessment Report 1055) on the Eagle Creek claim group, who completed geological mapping and stream sediment and soil sampling. In 1969, induced polarization surveys were completed over the property (Assessment Report 1639). In 1989, J.P. Sorbara staked the property as the Long Island Minerals claim group and contracted S. Zastavnikovich to complete lithogeochemical (7 samples), soil (35 samples) and silt (12 samples) geochemical surveys (Assessment Report 18750). Later in 1989, S. Zastavnikovich completed a heavy mineral geochemical survey for J.P. Sorbara, consisting of lithogeochemical (49 samples), soil (10 samples) and silt (14 samples) geochemical sampling (Assessment Report 20239).