One lease was staked on Dixon Creek (ca. 1912) and "the initial work on this produced a very satisfactory result; the owner, after removing a few boulders, took out a pocket containing about 3/4 oz. of rather coarse gold, many pieces of which would be worth from 25 to 30 cents." (Minister of Mines Annual Report 1912). Paymore Mining Company (ca. 1930) carried out operations on Dixon Creek where a 4-inch monitor was used under a 320-foot head of water delivered by a flume 1200 feet long. Some coarse gold is found in the bed of this stream (Minister of Mines Annual Report 1930).
The area appears to be underlain by sedimentary and volcanic rocks of the Paleozoic Eagle Bay assemblage or Fennell Formation.
Gold production from 1926 to 1935 was 2084 grams (Bulletin 28).