The Twin Lakes occurrence is located south west of Twin Lake, north of Elliott Creek and at an elevation of approximately 2100 metres.
The region is underlain by metasedimentary rocks of the Mississippian to Jurassic Bridge River (Complex) Group, intruded by dominantly granodioritic stocks of the Jurassic to Tertiary Coast Plutonic Complex. The showing is underlain mainly by metasedimentary rocks: argillite, chert and conglomerate with some andesite and serpentinite.
Locally, three areas of intense veining follow a north easterly trench. Mineralization consists of sulphides within quartz veins cutting the metasediments and serpentinite and at the serpentinite- metasediment contact. Wallrock to the veins has been silicified and sericitized except about the veins associated with the serpentinite, where a typical listwanitic alteration assemblage of quartz- carbonate-mariposite has developed. Sulphide minerals of the veins consist of pyrite, tetrahedrite, sphalerite, arsenopyrite and minor stibnite.
In 1983, a sample (CR-21) assayed 69.0 grams per tonne silver across 0.8 metre from a quartz-talc pod or vein in serpentinite with minor tetrahedrite, while a 0.6-metre chip sample of a quartz-carbonate vein assayed 22.6 grams per tonne silver (Assessment Report 12281).
The area was originally explored as the Twin Lake occurrence in the mid-1930’s; work consisted of surface blasting and trenching. During 1962 through 1968, Burkley Valey Mines constructed a cat road to the occurrence and drove a 15-metre adit. Programs of trenching, stripping and seven drill holes, totalling 91.5 metres, were also completed during this time. In 1980 and 1981, Denison Mines completed programs of geochemical sampling and geological mapping on the area as the Mel claims. In 1983, a program of geochemical sampling and geological mapping was completed on the area as the Cay property. In 2007 and 2008, the area was prospected as the Falls Down property.