A 9 to 21 metre thick limestone bed of the Devonian-Permian Chilliwack Group outcrops on the south end of a northeast trending ridge on the north bank of the Fraser River, 3 kilometres southwest of Agassiz. The bed is exposed on the crest of a small westerly plunging anticline. The deposit is overlain by siliceous tuff or impure quartzite and underlain by greenstone. The contact between the quartzite and the limestone strikes 075 degrees and dips 45 degrees north on the north limb of the fold. Three steeply dipping mafic dikes striking 000 to 060 degrees are exposed in several quarries.
The limestone is fine grained and light grey to bluish grey in colour, with dark streaks and scattered pyrite grains. Three chip samples taken in succession vertically over a length of 21 metres in the central quarry averaged 40.2 per cent CaO, 0.68 per cent MgO, 15.6 per cent insolubles, 6.83 per cent R2O3, 0.69 per cent Fe2O3, 0.12 per cent MnO, 0.04 per cent P2O5, 0.24 per cent sulphur, 35.5 per cent ignition loss and 0.09 per cent water (Bulletin 40, page 43).
Three quarries, arranged in a northwest trending row over a length of 107 metres, produced 21,802 tonnes of limestone between 1941 and 1958. The limestone was used as pulverized stone for agricultural purposes and fertilizer for plants. In 1944, 1947 and 1948 poultry grit was produced.