The Gold Queen occurrence is located on the south western side of the Siwash Creek junction, approximately 3.7 kilometres east of its mouth on the Fraser River.
The area near the confluence of the north, middle and south forks of Siwash Creek is characterized by poorly to moderately bedded, dark coloured, pyritic, slaty argillite locally intercalated with thin beds of greywacke and siltstone, all assigned to the Ladner Group. These rocks have been intruded by locally altered, light coloured, felsic sills and dikes.
Gold is spatially associated with feldspar porphyry dikes and sills in the area of the Gold Queen occurrence. Fine gold, occurring both in pyritic quartz veins and their intrusive host, is generally coated with a film of iron oxide (Bulletin 79, page 62). Refer to the Roddick occurrence (MINFILE 092HNW004) for details of regional and typical deposit geology.
Development on the Gold Queen group of claims began in 1891 and by 1901, a stamp mill had been installed and approximately 150 metres of drifting and crosscutting completed. Sulphide mineralization carrying up to $8 per ton (13.27 grams per tonne gold equivalent) was reported to have been encountered in these workings. The claims were worked intermittently over the next few years and received Crown Grant status in 1912. A further 30 metres of adit were driven in 1913, but the grade of the ore was found to be too low to support the operation.
In 1980, Aquarius Resources prospected and soil sampled the area. In 2012, New Carolin Gold completed airborne magnetic and radiometric surveys, totalling 759 line-kilometres, on the area.