The Marsh Creek deposits are located about 100 kilometres east of Vernon.
These deposits were originally worked by A. Marsh beginning in 1883 until his death in 1925. Marsh developed an adit, 3 short drifts and sunk a shaft to 13.5 metres. In 1935, an opencut was started. In 1938, the old upper drift was cleaned out and several test pits were dug. In 1941, the shaft was dewatered and it promptly caved. In 1942, the upper section of the creek was worked with a dragline. In 1947, a 4.2-metre shaft was sunk before it caved and then a 6-metre shaft was sunk near it. There was work done in the 1960s and 1970s but little information is available. In 1979, geophysical surveys, hand trenching, sluicing and panning were completed. In 1990, Commonwealth Gold completed geochemical surveys in this area.
The area is underlain by volcanic and sedimentary rocks of the Devonian to Triassic Harper Ranch Group. The creek contains glacial and fluvial gravels which contain placer gold.
It is believed that the source of the placer gold in Marsh Creek is the quartz vein at the foot of the limestone cliffs above the south branch of Marsh Creek. This vein is described in the Monashee showings (082LSE001). The main catchment area for this gold is likely below the falls. The location of the main buried channel remains to be determined.
The amount of gold removed from this creek is unrecorded though A. Marsh was able to survive for at least 15 years on what he recovered.