The Marlime marl deposit is 4 kilometres north-northeast of Sicamous on the northwest side of the Eagle River. The deposit consists of a layer of marl up to 3 metres thick that is in places extensively contaminated by soil. The marl or travertine was deposited by groundwater seeping to the surface after passing through Hadrynian(?) to Paleozoic calcareous rocks of the Eagle Bay Assemblage (Formation).
The marl was mined by Marlime Ltd. of New Westminster between 1948 and 1950 for agricultural markets in the Fraser Valley.