The property is located on the east side of the Pend D'Oreille River at the British Columbia-Washington border, approximately 56 kilometres south of Nelson.
In the vicinity of Lomond Creek, highly oxidized, lead-zinc sulphides are exposed within the Middle Cambrian Nelway Formation. The zones of oxidized sulphides appear confined to the middle and upper stratigraphy of the Nelway Formation, which consists of cream and grey-banded dolomite containing discontinuous lenses of black dolomite. The black dolomite is commonly mottled with spots of white calcite. The trends are variable but the sediments have a general east strike and dip to the south at 25 degrees or greater.
The main showing area, once the site of iron oxide mining for a cement additive, lies along Lomond Creek at approximately 750 metres elevation. Associated showings are located adjacent to the Pend d'Oreille River and approximately 450 metres north of the main showings. These showings are described as podiform, oxidized sulphides, which are a few metres in size and occur relatively closely spaced along an exposed strike length of approximately 300 metres. At least one of these pods is 6 by 15 metres in size and 5 metres thick. The oxidized sulphide zones occur within a stratigraphic interval of approximately 15 metres and are described as generally conformable to the dolomitic banding of the cream or mottled dolomites, although at least some are hosted by black dolomite. Locally, crosscutting relationships are observed and the oxidized material is at least partly fracture controlled in some exposures. Walker (1934) described a 0.3 to 2-metre thick oxidized zone in an adit next to the Pend d'Oreille River. He does, however, indicate that the zone dips west while the dolomites strike at 65 degrees and dip 80 degrees southeast. Fyles (1959) described, from the area of the main showings, two bands, 1.5 and 3.6 metres thick, separated by approximately 3 metres of crumbly dolomite. These oxidized bands are generally conformable to the dolomitic banding but locally crosscut the banding or follow fracture surfaces.
The oxidized zones consist of seams and pods of earthy brown limonite containing harder areas of goethite. Within the soft earthy limonite are nodules of galena with thin coatings of anglesite. Transparent to translucent crystals of cerussite occur mostly encrusted on the goethite. A sample of this material from the large pit at the main showings assayed 10.3 grams per tonne silver, 1.2 per cent lead and 2.7 per cent zinc (Bulletin 41, page 129). Just south of the Canada-USA border, within stratigraphy equivalent to the Nelway Formation, are pyrite rich, lead-zinc sulphide ores such as those found at the Yellowhead occurrence in Washington State. The Lomond showings are likely the weathered surface equivalents of such pyrite-rich sulphide zones.
The International group was staked prior to 1908 by George Bell and Associates and subsequently optioned to Shallenberger and Mcleod, of Spokane, Washington, USA. Fifteen claims (Lots 6598–6612) were Crown-granted to H.H. Shallenberger in 1913. Several hundred metres of underground work in two adits and a raise was apparently carried out by the International Lead and Iron Company, of Spokane, Washington, USA, prior to 1915. International Crown Mines Consolidated, a Washington-based company, is reported to have acquired an option on the Shallenberger property in 1929.
No further activity was reported until 1946, when Sheep Creek Gold Mines Limited optioned the property. Diamond drilling totalling 249 metres was completed before the option was dropped. Messrs. Burgess and Lundgwen leased the property from G. Shallenberger, of Nelson, British Columbia, in 1948. Limonite ore from surface workings was shipped during 1947–1948 to Lehigh Cement Works at Metaline Falls for use in the manufacture of cement. During this same period Shallenberger prospected the property for lead-zinc showings and shipped sorted galena to the smelter at Trail. Limonite ore was mined under contract by D.G. White and G. Gimple during 1950.
The property was sold late in 1951 by Mrs. Shallenberger to E.G. Brown & Associates, who incorporated International Lead & Zinc Mines Ltd. Geological mapping and bulldozer trenching was carried out in 1952. The company charter was surrendered in 1958 and the Crown-granted mineral claims were allowed to revert.
In 1977, Carmac Resources Ltd. conducted an exploration program consisting of geological mapping, trenching and soil sampling. In 1978, the company completed limited diamond drilling on the property.
The property was inactive from 1979 until 1989, when Hawkeye Developments Ltd acquired the property. Hawkeye Developments Ltd carried out a program of trenching, sampling and diamond drilling. The rock sampling yielded values up to 1.44 per cent lead and 3.03 per cent zinc (Assessment Report 19817).
The property changed hands many times through the 1990s and 2000s, though no work was completed.
In 2009, David Wallach staked the newly named Pend Oreille and Pend Orelle claims. In 2010, he contracted UTM Exploration Services Ltd to complete rock sampling on the claims. Highlights include rock sample 8R269005, which assayed 1.02 per cent lead and 2.27 per cent zinc (Assessment Report 31724).
In 2011, Centerpoint Resources Inc. acquired the property. In 2012, the company completed rock sampling, grid work and a vector magnetometer survey. The rock sampling assayed values up to 91.27 per cent iron oxide, 0.7 per cent lead and 1.36 per cent zinc (Assessment Report 33293).