The Copper Queen property was staked by the owner of the Motherlode (082FSE080) which probably adjoins the Copper Queen to the north. The main showing is a spectacular iron-stained quartz outcrop exposed by stripping and opencut work on the east bank of an unnamed southerly flowing tributary to Monk Creek, at an elevation of 1675 metres (slightly below the reported elevation of the Motherlode showings). The quartz has been exposed over a width of 15 metres, roughly at right angles to the northerly strike of the host greenstone schist (Irene Volcanics Formation of the Upper Proterozoic Horsethief Creek Group) and dipping 80 degrees south. Visible minerals are quartz, chalcopyrite, hematite, limonite, sericite, malachite, azurite and minor bornite. The best part of the showing is a 6-metre section at the south end, over which samples ranged up to 0.17 per cent copper (0.34 gram per tonne gold, trace silver) (Minister of Mines Annual Report 1956). Another showing is exposed in an opencut 200 metres to the south, which contains iron-stained quartz stringers but with negligible mineralization.