The Alice is a historic past producer (1900-1909, 1926-1927, 1950-1952) that produced approximately 7000 tonnes of silver-lead- zinc ore. It is located on the west-facing slope of Goat (Arrow) Mountain at approximately 1100 metres elevation, above Alice Siding, 4 kilometres north of Creston.
Prospectors staked this locality in 1893 but very little development work was done until 1901 when 168 metres of crosscutting, 46 metres of raising, and several hundred metres of drifting was completed. In 1904 the Alice Broughton Mining Co. took over the property, continued the underground development work and built a 50-ton concentrator. The Mill operated part time during the following year and then operations ceased.
In 1925 the Alice Group, consisting or three claims, the Alice, the Alice Fraction, and the Morning Star were acquired by the Porcupine Goldfields Development & Finance Co. but very little development work was done. Ownership of the property was obtained by Messrs. Constable & Staples in 1949. A road was built to the mine and the lower tunnel partially cleaned out. The following year a lease was given on the property and the mine dump was sorted and shipped to Trail. No work has been done since that time. Considerable caving of the old workings has taken place.
Hostrocks belong to the Middle Aldridge Formation of the Middle Proterozoic Purcell Supergroup, and consist of argillaceous quartzite that has been strongly sheared and faulted. Updated geology of the area immediately to the east is described for the Goat Mountain and Otto Silver occurrences (082FSE063 and 47, respectively).
In the quartz veins, bunches of galena, pyrite and minor sphalerite are found that carry silver values of about 10 grams per tonne for every one per cent of lead. The main vein has a strike length of at least 250 metres and width of 1.2 metres; it was developed over a dip extent of 50 metres. Trenches show that the vein extends further on strike, and at least one subsidiary vein was discovered 25 metres to the west.