The V. & M. is on the north side of Memphis Creek, 1 kilometre east of the Slocan Highway and 6.5 kilometres north-northeast of Slocan. Access is by a short road and trail east from the Slocan Highway. The property includes the V. & M. (Lot 4260) and Get There Eli (Lot 4261) Crown-granted claims.
The property is underlain by granitic rocks of the Nelson Batholith, at the gradational contact between the foliated border phase and porphyritic main phase of this intrusion.
A series of four adits driven into the north slope of the valley of Memphis Creek explores a system of quartz veins cutting the granite. The most easterly adit, 60 metres above the creek at an elevation of approximately 1000 metres, is driven for 18 metres on a vein striking nearly north and dipping 25 to 30 degrees east. This vein is approximately 15 centimetres wide and is mineralized by pyrite, chalcopyrite and some galena. Thirty-three metres west of the first adit, and at approximately the same elevation, a second adit, 36 metres in length, follows a similar vein or a faulted segment of the same vein. A small stope near the portal is believed to be the source of some ore shipped in 1901 (11 tonnes, yielding 124 grams of gold and 21 554 grams of silver). Nine metres from the face of this second adit, a small basic dike intrudes and displaces the vein approximately 1 metre to the left. At a point 36 metres west of the second adit, a third adit explores another quartz vein having the same attitude as the others. There are also several small quartz veins between the second and third adits. A fourth adit, 60 metres west of the third, is 27 metres long and investigates a parallel quartz vein ranging up to 45 centimetres in width and carrying some pyrite.
The claim was staked in 1896 but apparently no work was done on it until 1900, when the vein was stripped for greater than 457.2 metres. The workings include four short adits driven into the north slope of the Memphis Creek valley, approximately 61 metres above the creek bottom and over a vertical range of less than 30 metres. In 1901, a small stope was put through to the surface from a point near the portal of one of the tunnels.
Prior to 1920, the claim was reported to be owned by V. & M. Mines Ltd. of Detroit, Michigan, USA. In 1920, the McLeod Slocan Mining Syndicate did considerable development work. A high-grade ore shoot was reported but there is no record of any ore being shipped. In 1948, the Spokane Slocan Co. acquired the claim, along with a number of others, but no work was done.
In 1938, production of approximately 9 tonnes of ore from the Get There Eli claim yielded 124 grams of gold and 15 925 grams of silver; in 1955, 3 tonnes of ore from the V. & M. claim yielded 93 grams of gold, 12 338 grams of silver, 23 kilograms of lead and 8 kilograms of zinc.
In 1988, Yukon Minerals Corporation conducted soil and rock sampling and geological mapping in the area. A sample from the Get There Eli adit assayed 16.8 grams per tonne gold and 549 grams per tonne silver over 0.5 metre on a quartz-pyrite vein (Assessment Report 18603).
In 2012, North Bay Resources Inc. completed a three-day prospecting program on the Coronation Gold property, which encompasses the old V. & M. and Get There Eli workings. Highlights of the prospecting include sample C-05, which assayed 1.53 grams per tonne gold and 265 grams per tonne silver (Assessment Report 33360).