The LAKEVALE mine is located on the west side of the southernmost of the Arlington Lakes, approximately 14 kilometres north-northeast of Carmi.
The mine produced a small amount of ore during the period 1917-18. In 1917, the mine was operated by Saunier and Gachain who took out 9 tonnes of a quartz-galena ore (Minister of Mines Annual Report 1917, page 212). Assays of the ore and metal recovery, if shipped to a smelter, are not recorded. Development work in 1917 consisted of sinking (a shaft?) and drifting (on a vein?). In 1918, a lease was taken out on the claim by M. Shannier, who shipped 4.5 tonnes of silver-lead ore to the Trail smelter. Records show that approximately 3110 grams of silver were recovered; the amount of lead recovered is not recorded (Minister of Mines Index No. 3, page 202).
The LAKEVALE mine is believed to have been developed on a quartz vein in granodiorite of the Cretaceous-Tertiary Okanagan Batholith, near a contact with the Carboniferous-Permian Anarchist Group. This setting is similar to other workings in the Arlington camp. Details of the LAKEVALE mine vein are not available.