The CAMP HEWITT 2 showing is located within the Peachland District Municipality, approximately 500 metres west of Pincushion Bay.
The showing consists of quartz veins exposed by a short winze and adit. The veins are hosted by granodiorite of the Early Jurassic Pennask Batholith. A pendant of Triassic-Jurassic Nicola Group limestone is also exposed at this location.
The old workings are attributed to the Camp Hewitt Mining and Development Company which was active in this area during the period 1896-99. The winze exposes several small, near-vertical shears striking 40 degrees, and irregular quartz veining in and adjacent to the slips. The veining contains some pyrite and a trace of galena and sphalerite, as well as limonite, malachite and azurite staining. The adit exposes an irregular, thin, lenticular quartz vein striking easterly and dipping at 70-75 degrees to the north. No sulphides were seen in this vein but limonite and malachite stains were noted.
In 1965, Quinalta Petroleum Ltd. drilled two 30-metre diamond- drill holes at this location, one beside each of the old workings. In 1966, King Resources Company continued the 1965 program by drilling a 26-metre diamond-drill hole near the adit. All 3 holes were drilled in Nicola Group limestone and all contained minor amounts of pyrite.
In 1972, Vega Mines Ltd. carried out a soil geochemical survey centred over the CAMP HEWITT 3 (082ENW022) area 600 metres to the northwest; copper and zinc anomalies were found. In 1984, Charles Brett funded a VLF-EM survey over the same general area to the north- west. The survey was able to help identify lithological features in areas covered by overburden, but was not useful in defining shear zones.