The OTTAWA showing is located on the east side of Franklin Creek, approximately 3.5 kilometres northwest of Mount Franklin.
The showing consists of several outcrops of disseminated chalcopyrite in a shonkinite-pyroxenite, a minor phase of the alkalic Eocene Coryell Intrusions. It has been suggested that the pyroxenite is a basal cumulate of an early monzonitic intrusion, which was later intruded and engulfed by an augite-syenite intrusion. To the east and south there are pendants of the Devonian-Triassic Harper Ranch Group. Several kilometres to the southeast are andesite and dacite flows and tuffs of the Eocene Marron Formation, Penticton Group.
The OTTAWA claim was Crown granted in 1910 as Lot 957s. No work was recorded on the showing during the early 1900s when the Franklin camp was very active. In 1918 the OTTAWA showing was investigated for its platinum potential. A sample of pyroxenite containing magnetite, pyrite and chalcopyrite was collected from an open cut. It assayed 2.06 grams per tonne platinum (Thomlinson, 1920).
In 1964, Franklin Mines Ltd. acquired much of the Franklin camp and carried out detailed geological mapping and geophysical surveys in a number of locations. The OTTAWA showing was not covered by any of the detailed surveys.
In 1986-87, Longreach Resources Ltd. and Placer Dome Inc. carried out a major exploration program in the Franklin camp area. It is probable that the OTTAWA showing was prospected during this time, but no work was recorded.
Similar platinum occurrences nearby are the COLUMBIA (082ENE060), BUFFALO (082ENE008), GOLDEN (082ENE053) and the MOUNTAIN LION (082ENE055) showings.