The ALPHA showing is located on reverted Crown grant Lot 1204, approximately 600 metres north-northwest of the summit of Mount Franklin.
The showing consists of an adit exposing quartz veins in argillite, siltstone, and chert of the Devonian-Triassic Harper Ranch Group. A short distance to the north and west, syenite of the Eocene Coryell Intrusions outcrops. To the east there is a cover of andesite and dacite flows and tuffs of the Eocene Marron Formation, Penticton Group.
The ALPHA claim was Crown granted in 1905 to H.A. McLaren. In 1914, the property was owned by F.H. McLaren and others. Few details about the property, during the early part of the 1900s, are on record. The adit is believed to date from this period.
In 1964, Franklin Mines Ltd. held the ALPHA property and carried out a program of systematic channel sampling in the old adit. Sample number 9835 returned the best results, assaying 0.684 gram per tonne gold, 3.42 grams per tonne silver and 0.8 per cent copper over 1.5 metres (Assessment Report 637). The average copper assay over 18 metres of channel sampling in the adit was 0.119 per cent copper (Assessment Report 637).
In 1986, Longreach Resources Ltd. staked and optioned much of the Franklin camp area. It is probable that Longreach prospected this area, although no reports specific to the ALPHA showing were filed.
In 1987, the property, now known as the PLATINUM BLONDE property, was optioned to Placer Dome Inc. In the ALPHA area, Placer carried out some prospecting and sampling. Sample number 17079, collected in the general area south of the adit, assayed 16.8 grams per tonne gold (Assessment Report 17273). Details about the sample are lacking.